Building Permits / Zoning Certificates
When is a Building Permit Required?
What Do I Need to Apply for a Permit?
- Building Permit Application Checklist
- Deck Permit Guide
- Pool Requirements
- Accessory Dwelling Application
- Accessory Dwelling Checklist
- Mobile Home 30-Day Application
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY https://caroline.onlama.com/
Permit Review Process
Note: The best way to get through the process is to have a complete and accurate first submittal.
Other Agencies Involved
Approvals may be required from the following agencies:
- SHA (State Highway Administration)
- DPW (Department of Public Works)
- Department of Environmental Health
- Soil Conservation District
- Critical Area Commission
- MALF (MD Agricultural Land Preservation Foundation)
- MDE (MD Department of the Environment)
What will the Permit Cost?
- Building Inspection Fee Schedule
- Electrical Inspection Fee Schedule
- Plumbing Inspection Fee Schedule
- Planning and Codes Department Fee Schedule
The permit is valid for one year from the date of issue. An extension may be applied for prior to permit expiration.
Additional Forms and Information That May be Required
- Building Codes FAQs
- Entrance Permit Application
- Right of Way Obstruction
- Site Plan Checklist for Building Permits/Zoning Certificates & Variances
- Site Plan Checklist - Projects Subject to Site Plan Approval & Special Use Exceptions
- Occupancy Certificate Checklist
- MHBR Affirmation of Landowner - Form required when a landowner acts as general contractor when building his/her own home