Ganey’s Wharf amenities include a public boat ramp, accessible fishing pier, floating dock, portable restrooms, a small shaded picnic area, and a soft landing for paddlers. Access to the Choptank River is just below the starting point of the Tuckahoe River.
The landing site was donated by Mr. Otto Steenken and two fellow neighbors to Caroline County in the 60’s to be established as a public park and boating access point. Mr. Steenken lived next door and served as a caretaker of the site for 25+years, often wandering the site barefoot collecting trash even during the colder weather months.
A memorial to former County Commissioner Webster Todd is also located on site. He served in elected office from 1946 to 1970 and was also instrumental in establishing Ganey’s Wharf.
Boat Ramp Trailer Permit fees do apply for trailers boats. Tickets are issued to patrons who are parked illegally or fail to display the permit as specified. A permit is not required for kayaks and canoes that are transported on a vehicle and do not require a trailer.
Tide table for Caroline County