Regional Behavioral Health Advisory Committee
MeetingsThere shall be no fewer than six meetings per year at the times and places that the Committee determines.
||Member||C.C. Mental Health Consumer / Family Member
|Vernon H. Spriggs, Jr.
|Jackie Weston||Member||General Hospital with in-patient Psychiatric Unit||First||5/13/14||5/31/17|
CompositionEx-officio members consist of the following:
- Director of the Mid-Shore Mental Health Systems, Inc.
- Health officer from one of the counties
- Representative from the Eastern Shore Hospital Center
In addition there will be 11 individuals from the following categories:
- Local mental health association
- Member of the general public
- Mental health consumers
- Parents and relatives of adult mental health consumers
- Parents and relatives of children or adolescents who are mental health consumers
ElectionA minimum of two individuals from each county will be appointed by the governing body of the county.
Term of OfficeThe term of an appointed member is three years and begins on July 1. A member may serve two consecutive terms and then cannot serve again for two years after completion of those terms.
Charge / Authority(Code of Maryland, Health-General Article; Title 10. Mental Hygiene Law; Subtitle 3. Advisory Bodies; Part II. County Advisory Committees)
The Regional Behavioral Health Advisory Committee shall serve as advocate for a comprehensive mental health system for persons of all ages in Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s, and Talbot Counties. They shall advise county and state officials on the needs of citizens with mental illnesses in these jurisdictions and ways in which these needs can be met.