Length of Service Award Program (LOSAP) Committee
MeetingsMeetings are held quarterly and are open to the public unless closed under an applicable exception as stated in the Maryland Open Meetings Act (State Government Article, §10-508).
|John Balderson||Member|| Volunteer Fireman's |
|Dianne Garey||Member|| Volunteer Fireman's |
|James Harvey||Vice |
| Volunteer Fireman's |
|Earl Lofland Sr||Member|| Volunteer Fireman's |
|Stephanie McNeal||Member||Volunteer Fireman's Association||First||3/16/21||3/15/23|
|Courtney Morean||Member||Volunteer Fireman's Association||First ||11/25/20||11/24/23|
|Mark Sheridan||Ex- Officio||Director, DES||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Larry Porter||Ex-Officio||Caroline County Commissioner||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Christopher Zdobysz||Member||Volunteer Fireman's Association||Fourth||4/1/07||3/31/19|
|Cathy Toomey||Chairperson||Volunteer Fireman's Association||first||11/26/19||11/25/22|
CompositionThe Committee consists of five voting members, four representatives from the Caroline County Volunteer Firemen’s Association, and a County Commissioner or County Commissioner’s designee.
The LOSAP Committee locates and agrees on nominees at their quarterly meeting. They write a letter of recommendation to the Fireman's Association for their approval; who then writes a letter to the Commissioners to appoint.
Term of OfficeTerms of members shall be three years. The Committee shall elect a chair and vice-chair and any other officers as needed. Officers shall be elected annually in the fourth quarter of the calendar year to serve one-year terms, or by special election of mid-term vacancies as they arise. No officer shall serve more than three consecutive terms in the same office.
Charge / Authority(Caroline County Government Resolution #2001-014)
The Length of Service Award Program (LOSAP) Committee shall:
- Assist in the implementation of the adopted plan
- Develop and submit a Length of Service Award Program plan to the County Commissioners for their consideration and approval, and submit for approval, proposed plan of amendments as needed or required. The plan shall detail all aspects of the program development and administration, including but not limited to the following:
- Active service standards
- Appeals process
- Benefit user projections
- Certification procedures and records maintenance
- Death benefits
- Eligibility criteria
- Service benefits
- Specific role of the LOSAP Committee
- Perform continuing review of LOSAP Administration and make recommendations to the County Commissioners as needed to ensure a fair, responsive, and efficiently administered award program
- Perform public relations duties as needed
- Present an annual written report to the County Commissioners regarding the activities of the Committee, status of funds, and fund activity as well as provide additional reports as needed or requested.